• A newly opened office in Bulgaria that is ready to welcome the first specialists for its core team - part of a family of nearly 1000 IT folks.
• A parent company among the top software providers globally that has been partnering with high-tech companies from US and EU for over 15 years.
• A great office place - not only it is close to both subway lines, but also offers the chance to be part of an awesome community and participate in unique events and office traditions. We have seen it and we can share more first-hand experience and observations here.
• A starting (but long-term) project with focus on good software principles. SOLID, Ports & Adapters, Clean Code, TDD, and Domain Driven Design guide the delivery.
Initial project description:
A top InsurTech company that relies on highly agile proprietary technology instead of legacy code and tools. The current goals include completely refreshing the renewal and auto-renewal domain model with a clean distributed microservice solution. Using Domain Driven Design allows the creation of robust and flexible microservices for future growth in 2019-2020 and beyond. Other goals for 2019 are the addition of new business lines, as well as non-functional additions like improvements to event streaming technologies and deeper investigation of containers and service mesh solutions.
Responsibilities (that also contain the requirements):
• Show a proven track record of success in software delivery. This is normally the place where you put "xyz+ years", but this is too simply put and limiting. Currently there is room for both Regulars and Seniors.
• Know and apply good software principles like SOLID, and approaches like Clean Code and TDD (not a surprise after reading the bullet before this one, but still).
• Articulate project requirements into working software with a high level of quality, flexibility, and robustness.
• (For Seniors mostly) Support the growth of others, including mentoring junior developers, helping everyone improve their abilities.
• Highlight areas of improvement and act on them proactively.
• Be able to travel (by plane) for an initial onboarding of about 2 weeks abroad (to get to know the culture, the team and the project specifics).
The overall technical environment:
• Modern Java.
• Clean code following principles of OO and functional application.
• AWS (not 100% a must as it can be taught, but brings a ton of bonus points).
• HTTP-based APIs.
• Events and Data.
• Distributed and microservice topologies.
• DevOps philosophy.
• Practical, Pragmatic, LEAN solutions.
The company offers:
• Flexible working approaches like work from home.
• Social events throughout the year.
• Private healthcare.
• MacBook Pro + Large screen.
• A bunch of great office extras - hard to summarize in a bullet, but we can talk in more details here.
• More to come over the next weeks/months.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +359 884 45 78 47, or send a CV using the online application form!
All applications are confidential. JobTiger is a Bulgarian online job board and licensed recruiting company (License No.2547, 08.06.2018).