Few words about the company:
• Worldwide known with more than 150 offices around the globe | and they focus on sustainability
• A multinational team full of young professionals and fresh environment
• A competitive remuneration package
The Vetting Supervisor will provide support to Insurance desk on vetting and subject matter expertise to trading desk in selection of vessel’s. Accountable for qualitative and efficient execution of vessel’s vetting for the group.
• Ensure compliance as per company policy, including sanction screening of vessel and vessel owner/manager
• Familiar with PSC inspection requirements worldwide
• Collate list of deficiencies from various TC Owners and distribute to wider Freight Desk team
• Provide technical support for the vetting of vessels under the Company’s procedures and policy
• Liaise with P&I club to enhance industry knowledge, technical issues prevalent in the dry bulk industry
• Monitor vessel performance and provide advice to operators to raise claims against owners/Sub –charters etc
• First escalation point for performance / technical issues. Work closely with Insurance and Legal desk
• Help bunker desk in fuel procurement for LDC operated vessel’s
• Basic knowledge about various bunker grades.
• Proficient in various aspects of trade encompassing the spot, long term/short term bunker supply contracts
• Establish a process for Continuous Improvement in the selection of Vessel’s
• Foster continuous improvement attitude, identify process gaps and propose corrective and improvement actions.
• Drive knowledge sharing process within the team.
• Change management support
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience, ideally with dry bulk vessels | preferred sailing experience as senior officer or more than 3 years as Vessel Operator or 5-7 years working experience in shore shipping operations
• Marine Graduate with a high level of self motivation and the drive to make a difference
• Fluency in English language is a requirement
• Excellent Customer relationship skills
• Conflict Management
• Proficient level of PC skills: MS Office , Web Based Applications
• Proficiency in industry’s requirements and liabilities
• Commercial Acumen and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to adapt to new situations and work effectively, under pressure, in a changing environment
• Strong commitment to desk panning and tactics.
• Time management, Stress management, Cultural differences management
• Timely Decision Making, Decisions Quality, Problem Solving, Negotiating, Priority Setting, Customer focus, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Approachability
Competencies Observable behaviors that encompass the applied knowledge, skills and attributes that distinguish and drive superior performance
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, but we will only contact a short list of them! All applications are confidential. JobTiger is a Bulgarian online job board and licensed recruiting company (License No.2547, 08.06.2018).