Our client is a Fortune 500 company who finance, manage and develop
projects for the private and public sectors across the world.
Currently looking for talented individuals to join their highly
skilled teams in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Qatar on NATO military
Position operates a variety of heavy equipment.
- May operate one or several types of heavy equipment such as bulldozers, front-end loaders, scrapers/graders, backhoes, excavators, or compactors to excavate, move, load and grade earth. May operate other power equipment at construction sites such as air compressors, road saws, trenchers and pumps.
- Performs digging, levelling and grading operations; builds beams, grades roads, levels ground and performs other similar tasks using construction equipment.
- Operates heavy paving and surfacing equipment to lay, spread or compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during road construction.
- Loads and moves dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials using crawler tractors, shovels, graders, and related equipment.
- Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Conducts pre-operational checks and lubricates and refills gas to equipment as required.
- Performs generalized maintenance and safety checks on equipment and minor repairs and uploads and downloads supplies, equipment, containers and flat racks.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the AC FIRST Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Instills a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the AC FIRST Quality Management System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
a) High School diploma or equivalent required.
b) Commercial driving license (CDL) license required.
a) 1-3 years’ experience operating construction/heavy equipment required.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Must have a good understanding of earth moving techniques.
- Must be knowledgeable with routine maintenance on assigned equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed on them.
- Must be capable of performing close tolerance work safely and productively.
- Must have good written and oral English communications skills.
- Must be able to observe all safety (to include wearing required personal safety equipment), security, and health requirements for office, warehouse, and outside environment.
- Must be able to obtain a 5984-E Army Standard license upon arrival in Afghanistan.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively during a 77 hour work week.
- Must be able to lift 10 kg. continuously, 20 continuously.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be a passport holder of a NATO member country.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
If you are interested, please send your CV in English.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. IC Recruiting Ltd. Recruitment license from National Agency of Employment No 2088/22.07.2016