RINA is the excellence behind excellence, a global corporation that
leads industries to success. We work closely with customers,
assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way
across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport &
Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
Through a global network of talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we back up the market operators across the entire life cycle of their projects.
We are looking for a Progress ABL (4GL) developer and administrator
for our client in Zimbabwe.
The ideal candidate must possess interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team.
• Advanced knowledge of Open Edge 11.X development environment
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in application design, development and implementation on Progress/Open Edge applications using ABL (4GL) language.
• Enhanced knowledge of the following subjects related to ABL (4GL):
- Character based UI
- Transactions, Record locks
- Trap errors and code responses to error conditions
- Understanding Indexes concept related to performance improvement.
- Buffers and Record buffer rules.
- Usage of functions and procedures in programs.
- Advanced database queries: DEFINE-QUERY, inner/outer joins, sorting, breaking by, etc.
• Enhanced knowledge of Relational Database management system concepts:
table relationships, normalization, primary and secondary keys, ACID, etc.
• Proved hands-on experience in Progress Database Administration:
- Before-image / After-image technology
- Database Backup and Recovery
- Database Dump and Load
- Using the event log for troubleshooting
- Hands on experience using various Progress tools, such as:
PROMON, DBMAN, PROBKUP, PRODB, PROSTRCT, PROUTIL, RFUTIL, DBTOOL
- Knowledge of recovery from database failures
• Advanced knowledge of Linux RedHat Enterprise 6.5 and above is a significant advantage.
• Knowledge of Progress App Server is an advantage.
• Relocation in unmarried conditions
• 1 annual two-week vacations in Israel (45 days)
• Medical insurance, flights and vacations at the company's expense
• Housing, transportation and communications at the company's expense