We are looking for a Python developer for one of our San
Francisco-based clients who recently underwent a very successful
ICO (Initial Coin Offering). They are currently revamping their
systems to bring in cryptocurrency concepts into their existing
systems and business.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
You will be part of the reengineering and re- architecting exercise
of the system various parts to move towards microservices
architecture, by using some very hot technology that is currently
widely used in the Silicon Valley for creating scalable services -
Docker and Kubernetes.
Join our agile team where code reviews, unit tests and continuous integration are a must. Work in an environment of top tier developers that have been part of creating Netflix streaming service and Microsoft Exchange service without the long working hours and without having to sacrifice your work-life balance. Both Melon and our client are committed to providing all the necessary training to grow our developers and give them all the tools needed for them to be creative, do great work and develop their potential.
• 3+ years of experience in web development
• 2+ years of experience in Python
• Good knowledge in OOP
• Good knowledge and experience working in Linux OS environment
• Knowledge in database development
• Teamwork experience
• Good communication skills
• Good command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
• Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed
• Good knowledge in Git
• Experience with Django
• Experience with Tornado
• Experience with Solr/ElasticSearch
• Experience with PostgreSQL
• DevOps experience
• Experience with AWS Lambda
• Experience with Amazon DynamoDB
• Experience with AWS OpsWorks
Computer Science or related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
• This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit.
• Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services.
• Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications.
• Work-from-home when required.
• Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development.
• Co-subsidized Multi Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria.
• Refreshments and fruits at our offices.
• The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje.
• Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year.
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.