Lufthansa Technik is the world’s leading provider for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of aircraft components and engines with more than 50 years’ experience in helping the world’s leading airlines deliver top-quality products at competitive rates. Lufthansa Technik Sofia performs heavy maintenance checks on the Airbus A320 family and Boeing B737 including B737 Classic and B737 NG. The company is situated at Sofia airport and operates since October 2008.
The Logistics Expert is responsible for the 24/7 organization and
monitoring of domestic and international shipments to and from the
maintenance sites of Lufthansa Group Airlines, Lufthansa Technik
and hundreds of external airline customers.
The primary role of the Logistics Expert requires him / her to:
• Act as a logistical single point of contact, organizing inbound and outbound shipments
• Assign shipments to designated carriers / agents and ensure uplift
• Monitor shipment progress and handle exceptions during transportation
• Reflect on and provide alternatives to recurring issues within the supply chain
• Accrue transportation costs, issue invoices and provide cost reports
• Support the implementation and stabilization of new projects / processes
• Partake in continuous improvement workshops