Lufthansa Technik is the world’s leading provider for maintenance,
repair and overhaul services (MRO) of aircraft components and
engines with more than 50 years’ experience in helping the world’s
leading airlines deliver top-quality products at competitive
Lufthansa Technik Sofia LTD. started its operations in October 2008. The company performs heavy maintenance checks on the Airbus A320 family and Boeing B737 including B737 Classic and B737 NG.
In 2014 a new department – Lufthansa Service Center Sofia (LSCS) - was opened with the purpose of providing purchasing services exclusively to Lufthansa Technik AG. During the last 3 years LSCS has proved to be a valuable partner and is continually entrusted more purchasing activities.
Once you join our team your role as Purchasing Specialist/Buyer
(cMRO) will be to:
- Execute purchasing activities for maintenance, repair, overhaul of aircraft material;
- Manage own workflow of subcontracted repair orders;
- Active communication with external suppliers regarding technical, commercial and delivery terms;
- Evaluation of repair quotations, clarification of conditions, technical assignment, warranty claims in close collaboration with Engineering, Customer service and Warranty departments;
- Monitor the supply chain of subcontracted aircraft materials and ensure target deliverables are met. Support in resolution of material shortages;
- Ensure the performed activities are in accordance with customer requirements. Provide feedback to internal customers on order status as necessary;
- Monitoring and resolving all discrepancies in invoicing, goods receiving, as well as quality issues. Work according to set priorities;
- Support the development and optimization of purchasing processes;
- Assist in continuous development of business operations.
Our future colleagues should meet following requirements for the position:
- University degree or equivalent business experience;
- Purchasing and material management processes experience are considered as an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of supply chain processes;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP R/3 or other ERP system is desirable;
- Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented and able to foster improvements and process optimization solutions;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team.