Lufthansa Technik is the world’s leading provider for maintenance,
repair and overhaul (MRO) of aircraft components and engines with
more than 50 years’ experience in helping the world’s leading
airlines deliver top-quality products at competitive rates.
Lufthansa Technik Sofia LTD. started its operations in October 2008. The company performs heavy maintenance checks on the Airbus A320 family and Boeing B737 including B737 Classic and B737 NG.
In 2014 a new department – Lufthansa Service Center Sofia (LSCS) - was opened with the purpose of providing purchasing services exclusively to Lufthansa Technik AG. During the last more than 3 years LSCS has proven to be a valuable partner and is continuously entrusted more purchasing activities.
As a team member of the BARG team you will:
- Perform purchasing functions on behalf of Lufthansa Technik AG by procuring aircraft related material, including the following tasks:
- Execute planning activities where applicable
- Active material/ supplier sourcing
- Closely monitor workflow and ensure issues are properly and timely resolved
- Resolve any goods receiving and invoice discrepancies
- Pro-actively communicate with all parties involved
- Create different SAP reports
- Take part in purchasing projects and support other ad hoc activities in the department
- Support the development and optimization of purchasing processes
- Coordinate and collaborate with all internal and external colleagues in a professional manner
Our future colleagues would need to comply with the following criteria:
- University degree in economics or a relevant field, or equivalent business experience. Purchasing experience is an asset
- Fluent English language (both verbal and written).German language is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office, primarily .
- Excellent use of email, internet, and other computer tools. Knowledge of SAP R/3 or other ERP system is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Required soft skills: negotiation and communication skills, assertiveness, persuasiveness, teamwork
- Distinct cross-cultural competence
- Self-driven individual with the ability to work well on his/her own initiative and in a team
- Ability to properly prioritize
- Willingness to take part in short - term assignments abroad
- Availability to comply with the specific working time requirements to cover different time zones due to customer and supplier need.