Are you passionate about IT Security and are looking to work in a
large-scale and high-end IT setting using the latest technologies?
Are you looking for new challenges working in a multicultural and
diverse environment? EMBL is a world leader in life science
research and we seek the best IT professionals to support the
laboratory's groundbreaking science.
Based in our IT team at EMBL headquarters in Heidelberg and closely working with IT at EMBL-EBI in Hinxton, UK, you will coordinate and further develop EMBL information security management and strategy. You will define, operate and develop the architecture and security solutions to support IT teams and service owners in operational hardening of systems, services and networks. You will deliver training, advice and guidelines to EMBL users and service owners. You will ensure compliance with internal and external information security regulations including documentation, testing and auditing.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiarity with IT security best practices and technologies to protect corporate IT environments involving heterogeneous endpoint architectures; a background on cloud security would be a plus
- Previous professional exposure to managing IT security; preferably a degree in computer science, IT security or a related qualification
- Experience in security testing, scripting skills are a plus
- Previous exposure to establishing information security management processes; audit and security certification experiences are a plus
- You are highly motivated and have excellent working knowledge of English
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are customer focused
- Project management, coordination and documentation skills
What we offer to you:
- Exposure to a fast-growing high-end big data environment, operating over 100 petabytes of scientific data across several centres including complementary high-performance computing and the administrative IT to support the laboratory's activities.
- Opportunity to work with latest technology
- Certified training and continued development of your professional and personal skills
- Flexible and friendly, international working environment fostering creativity
- Opportunity to be part of our 30+ in-house clubs and regular social activities
- Competitive salary exempt from national taxes
- Comprehensive pension scheme; medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial sponsorship for relocation and installation for you and your family
- Excellent child care on campus
- Being part of one of the world's highest ranked scientific research organizations and to commit to this joint effort to better understand the principles of life
- You will be based in Heidelberg, Germany but require regular travel to EMBL-EBI in Hinxton, UK and the other EMBL sites in Barcelona, Rome, Grenoble and Hamburg.
About European Molecular Biology Laboratory:
We are Europe's flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation with more than 80 independent research groups representing a spectrum of scientific disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with 1600 employees from many nations and operate across six sites in Heidelberg (DE), Barcelona (SP), Cambridge (UK), Hamburg (DE), Grenoble (FR) and Rome (IT). Our mission is to perform basic research in molecular biology; to offer vital services to scientists in the member states; to train scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, go ahead and apply now via Apply button.
Discover more on working with EMBL IT Services at embl.de/itservices.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises from a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.