Global Maritime Group Inc. is a comprehensive supplier of shipping
services. Our management programs include technical services, hotel
operations, crewing, entertainment, food & beverage and a wide
range of ancillary services.
Our group of companies provide a wide range of services to a fleet of vessels, covering ships of virtually every type.
Main function:Vessel’s electrical and electronic equipment, other
than radio, navigational and TV equipment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• Responsible for the vessel’s electrical and electronic equipment, other than radio, navigational and TV equipment
• Safe operation of all electrical machinery test schedules, alarm tests etc.
• Executing maintenance works and repairs of the electrical and electronic equipment
• Maintains dry dock repair notes
• Takes care of stock control
• Reporting executed maintenance to the Chief Engineer for entry into the planned maintenance system
• Ensures that sufficient spare parts are available
• Verifies by carrying out a risk assessment that crew members a fit ( fatigue, stress…) to work during their contract period.
• Notifies the Chief Engineer immediately of any defects which may affect the ship’s safety or put a risk on the marine environment
• Properly keeps the necessary documentation
• Provides information and consultancy in case of inspections
• Ensures that all identified risks to the vessel, personnel and the environment and establish appropriate safeguards ( Risk Assessment)
• Monitors technical performance of the ship
• Ensuring all documentation/records relevant to the SMS is up to date and readily available, as per Company’s procedures