The first American-style, English language, liberal arts
educational institution in Eastern Europe, the American University
in Bulgaria (AUBG) is a unique cooperative venture established with
the support of the U.S. and Bulgarian governments, the Open Society
Institute, and the University of Maine.
AUBG is a privately funded, not-for-profit institution. Tuition and private donations, as well as grants, finance its educational activities. It opened its doors in September 1991, with a first-year class of 208 students and 16 full-time faculty members.
Since then, the lively town of Blagoevgrad in southwest Bulgaria has become a cradle of academic excellence, creativity and cultural diversity. Nowadays, around 1100 curious, committed and talented students from over 40 countries come together to live and study in a supportive and secure community and immerse themselves in our first-rate American liberal arts education.
World-class faculty members come from top schools in five continents to create an innovative and real-world learning environment that’s unique in Europe. Across arts, humanities, business and technology, AUBG students are free to choose their own areas of study and set their own curriculum.
They develop into inquisitive and compassionate leaders, creative problem solvers and responsible global citizens. Our students have a reputation for success in their careers and in graduate studies, with many going on to the world’s leading schools and employers, and all being valued members of our tight-knit global network of alumni.
AUBG. Explore. Excel. Make an impact. Take the journey now.
• Contribute to the recruitment of the annual EMBA cohort according
to established targets based on AUBG goals and criteria for the
Executive Masters of Business Administration
• Contribute to the recruitment of the annual AUBG-Bocconi EMBA cohort according to established targets based on the goals and criteria of Bocconi and AUBG for the Executive Master in Finance, Banking & Real Estate
• Develop and manage relations with key partners and professional organizations to promote collaboration and develop opportunities for strategic partnerships. Execute communication activities in line with the strategy for long-term brand positioning of the Executive Programs on the market
• Prepare and execute country visits, internal events and participate in partnership events and recruitment events
• Assist in developing support communication materials including, but not limited to WEB site content, brochures and other print materials, content for social media, etc.
• Day-to-day management of EMBA and AUBG-Bocconi social media channels: Facebook and LinkedIn pages
• Coordination of the Sustainability Leadership program
• Coordination of the English for Journalists program