The first American-style, English language, liberal arts
educational institution in Eastern Europe, the American University
in Bulgaria (AUBG) is a unique cooperative venture established with
the support of the U.S. and Bulgarian governments, the Open Society
Institute, and the University of Maine.
AUBG is a privately funded, not-for-profit institution. Tuition and private donations, as well as grants, finance its educational activities. It opened its doors in September 1991, with a first-year class of 208 students and 16 full-time faculty members.
Since then, the lively town of Blagoevgrad in southwest Bulgaria has become a cradle of academic excellence, creativity and cultural diversity. Nowadays, around 1100 curious, committed and talented students from over 40 countries come together to live and study in a supportive and secure community and immerse themselves in our first-rate American liberal arts education.
World-class faculty members come from top schools in five continents to create an innovative and real-world learning environment that’s unique in Europe. Across arts, humanities, business and technology, AUBG students are free to choose their own areas of study and set their own curriculum.
They develop into inquisitive and compassionate leaders, creative problem solvers and responsible global citizens. Our students have a reputation for success in their careers and in graduate studies, with many going on to the world’s leading schools and employers, and all being valued members of our tight-knit global network of alumni.
AUBG. Explore. Excel. Make an impact. Take the journey now.
• Assists in developing professional contacts with local and international businesses
• Promotes office activities to students, alumni, and employers
• Assists students and alumni with information on companies, current opportunities for employment and hiring practices, internship opportunities, conferences, summer schools, competitions, etc.
• Assists with all of the logistical components in the organization and implementation of Job and Internship Fair and NGO Fair
• Assists in developing and facilitating activities on various educational and career development topics, including graduate school application process, resume/CV writing, cover letter writing, interview preparation, job search strategies, professional orientation, and business etiquette
• Assists in most aspects of employer and academic relations, organization of company and university presentations, on-campus and off-campus events – interviews, job shadow days
• Maintains and files resources: company info database; Career Resources Library - university catalogues library; career development and graduate school related resources and materials