Role of the Project manager:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the completion of translation projects across various industry verticals, including ones that involve multiple foreign languages and that require value-added services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages translation projects.
- Identifies project requirements and scope, and estimates costs and time requirements for successful project completion.
- Prepares and maintains project documentation
- Performs administrative tasks relevant to each project (scheduling, issuing purchase orders, etc.).
- Monitor and control projects status
- Troubleshoots issues with other Project Managers.
- Follows all stipulated quality assurance procedures and resolves quality assurance issues.
Contributes to the smooth functioning and development of the Translation Services team.
- Assists in the creation, updating and maintenance of translation memories in applicable language(s).
- Gains expertise in the usage of CAT tools (TRADOS) including the ability to troubleshoot issues.
Continually works to improve upon client relationship management skills including:
- Taking the client’s long-term goals into consideration.
- Educating the client on internal procedures and linguistic/technological issues.
- Managing client expectations.
- Proposing possible solutions (technological, linguistic and organizational) for handling projects.
Performs other duties as directed.