The ninth consecutive edition of the Careers Forum held in seven university cities in Bulgaria finished on the 14th April 2010.
Traditionally the forum, organized by JobTiger with the support of Nestle Bulgaria, connects employers with young specialists and students. The main purpose of the event is giving opportunities for the young people to find a job or internship in reply of the business needs for qualified and motivated personnel. In the second year of the economical crisis the "Careers 2010 – Good Career, Good Life" Forum showed interesting tendencies on the labor market in the country. In spite of the difficult economical situation the participants’ number did not change in comparison with the last year edition of the forum. Almost 14 250 young people and 113 companies took their place in the Forum.
"Careers 2010 – Good Career, Good Life" Forum in numbers:
- Participants: 113 companies, 7 cities (122 companies in 2009);
- Visitors: 14 250 students and young specialists (18 800 in 2009);
- Sofia: 82 companies, 6 000 visitors (2009: 85 companies, 9 500 visitors);
- Varna: 30 companies, 4 500 visitors (2009: 33 companies, 5 000 visitors);
- Veliko Tarnovo: 20 companies, 450 visitors (2009: 19 companies, 600 visitors);
- Ruse: 21 companies, 500 visitors (2009: 17 companies, 550 visitors);
- Svishtov: 16 companies, 900 visitors (2009: 15 companies, 1 000 visitors);
- Plovdiv: 31 companies, 1 000 visitors (2009: 36 companies, 1 200 visitors);
- Burgas: 12 companies, 900 visitors (2009: 20 companies, 550 visitors).
Compared to the event in 2009 the companies’ interest for participation has decreased with 7%. On the other hand the visitors’ number (14 250) has decreased with 24% in comparison with last year. Our observations showed differences in the forum participation preparation and motivation. Students from the big cities were well prepared and motivated for their participation in the event as it was last year. The most interesting fact was that young people from the smaller cities have begun to realize the changes in the economical situation – they are aware of the opportunities the forum gives them.
You can find more information and statistics from the event on the JobTiger website (www.jobtiger.bg):