The first American-style, English language, liberal arts
educational institution in Eastern Europe, the American University
in Bulgaria (AUBG) is a unique cooperative venture established with
the support of the U.S. and Bulgarian governments, the Open Society
Institute, and the University of Maine.
AUBG is a privately funded, not-for-profit institution. Tuition and private donations, as well as grants, finance its educational activities. It opened its doors in September 1991, with a first-year class of 208 students and 16 full-time faculty members.
Since then, the lively town of Blagoevgrad in southwest Bulgaria has become a cradle of academic excellence, creativity and cultural diversity. Nowadays, around 1100 curious, committed and talented students from over 40 countries come together to live and study in a supportive and secure community and immerse themselves in our first-rate American liberal arts education.
World-class faculty members come from top schools in five continents to create an innovative and real-world learning environment that’s unique in Europe. Across arts, humanities, business and technology, AUBG students are free to choose their own areas of study and set their own curriculum.
They develop into inquisitive and compassionate leaders, creative problem solvers and responsible global citizens. Our students have a reputation for success in their careers and in graduate studies, with many going on to the world’s leading schools and employers, and all being valued members of our tight-knit global network of alumni.
AUBG. Explore. Excel. Make an impact. Take the journey now.
• Coordinate the design, development, distribution and evaluation of a holistic online presence of AUBG
• Manage online channels of communication. Ensure efficient, timely, relevant communication with respective target audiences
• Build the AUBG presence on relevant social media, other online platforms and channels
• Manage Google Ads, Facebook ads manager and other direct marketing/PPC and remarketing campaigns
• Coordinate the development, execution, and tracking of paid online campaigns
• Design, plan, and execute online communications activities including creation and dissemination of text, visual, and multimedia materials on the internet
• Serve as the primary website administrator for the AUBG website
• Coordinate platform development needs with internal customers
• Perform analytics and produce reports to aid decision making and enhance communications
• Initiate and complete web projects; gathers, edits, writes and organizes web content