With roots that trace back to 1919, AIG is a global insurance company with operations in more than 80 countries and 54 000 employees. Today, based in New York, we are established as a multinational market leader.
The learning professional will be based in Sofia and should have
strong experience in Learning & Development, with corresponding
competencies in consulting, project management, instructional
design, and facilitation in the learning space. The incumbent will
be the first point of contact for learning requests, and will need
to be comfortable understanding the true business need, resource
requirements and business impact as they relate to L&D. In this
role, a strong working knowledge of adult education theory,
principles and best-practices is required, including the L&D
Life Cycle - needs analysis, design, development, and
The highly skilled incumbent will be a global resource, who may be called upon to lead, consult, design, or provide advisement or thought leadership on projects across a variety of business units. Flexibility in the L&D skillset is a must, as this leader will be expected to support or manage a portfolio of projects, with varying timelines and deliverables. Project and Portfolio Management skills will therefore be critical to the success of this role. As will be Instructional and Curriculum Design skills, since the role will require the collaborative creation and modification of courses of varying types, in various states of readiness.
• Training delivery and facilitation—in person, virtually, or blended formats.
• Negotiating project parameters and deliverables, setting expectations with relevant stakeholders, marketing, reporting on plans/progress/status/issues and risks, as well as promptly articulating needs for the success of the project.
• Acting as Project Manager - manage and maintain multiple projects of varying sizes, and the resources required for their success.
• Designing and developing learning recommendations and solutions that address specific employee performance issues.
• Introducing innovative methods, materials, and tools to accelerate employee learning and enhance employee performance.
• Pursuing continuous quality improvement in the learning experience.
• Researching and curating learning courses for individuals or teams.
• Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, clients and colleagues in and outside of AIG.
• Traveling in country and abroad if needed.
• Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and complying with the all applicable local and regional laws and regulations.