Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
* Communicates with warehouses and carriers to coordinate transportation of product to customer.
* Maximizes efficiencies and effectiveness by leveraging relationships with other colleagues and offices, and provides timely information to sales, customer service, operations, management and material handling providers to assist with order/shipment changes to optimise costs.
* Operates within the transport strategy and resolves day to day issues in resourceful and effective ways and provides recommendations to support improved or cost-beneficial transport movements.
* Arranges the transportation between the plant and final destination. Ensures that awarded carriers are used on every possible occasion and reports on any deviation, whatever the reason.
* Ensures that sales order execution meets the requirements of both the producing plants and the customer.
* Track and trace loads from origin to destination and monitors stock levels of packed products in both plant and third party warehouses arranging stock replenishment orders as necessary.
* Participating with the material resource order scheduling for the transport activities.
* Fluent (written and oral) in English.
* 1+ yrs experience in transportation and logistics role.
* Good knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheet data extraction.
* Good understanding of supply chain processes.
* Systemic approach to problem solving and decision making.
* Knowledge of Dutch language will be a plus.