Louis Dreyfus Company is a privately held firm, and is one of the
world’s most reliable private trading corporations, with operations
in more than 50 countries worldwide. The group is involved
primarily in the international trading and merchandising of
agricultural commodities, and is looking for Sanction Compliance
Manager, based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a robust compliance with global coverage, and an ideal platform for Sanctions professionals to further their career and expertise in the international trading space. The focus would be to contribute to the Global Trade Compliance program in the area of guidance, regulatory watch, advisory to business and stakeholders on Sanctions matters. The candidate should have some compliance advisory background and knowledge on regulatory reforms.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be part of the Global Compliance & Internal Audit team and be pivotal in improving the efficiency of the company’s compliance program focusing on the Global Sanctions element. The focus of the role will be on ensuring business practices are consistent with that of the Group. The role will provide a unique change to build and shape key elements of an evolving compliance program.
• Support the global trade compliance program in the evaluation as well as the design and implementation of relevant controls, such as escalation processes, documentation of policies and procedures, reporting, list screening, regulatory change management, governance framework, and training for the Sanctions program
• Work closely and support the regional compliance officers located in key trading hubs in their Sanctions advisory
• Monitor and document activity on high risk accounts and perform enhanced due diligence where required
• Coordinate with the Global Monitoring team on test plans, procedures, and sampling methodologies that incorporate regulatory expectations, industry developments, and lessons learned from regulatory findings
• Support general compliance activities and other duties, including special projects as assigned
Qualifications to perform the job:
• 5-10 yrs. of experience in Sanctions and screening (name and transaction) surveillance and client types
• Experience in building up programs from scratch in a matrix organization
• Experience in tracking and analyzing external risk exposures (laws / regulations)
• Good understanding of business processes, best practice risk management framework
• International experience (training or work) is a plus
And of course good communication and reporting skills / ability to work independently, as well as within a global team and leading cross functional projects / Strong attention to detail, documentation and organization skills.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send your CV in English by applying online!
We thank all interested applicants, but we will only contact a short list of them! All applications are confidential. JobTiger is a Bulgarian online job board and licensed recruiting company (License No.2547, 08.06.2018).