Global Maritime Group Inc. is a comprehensive supplier of shipping
services. Our management programs include technical services, hotel
operations, crewing, entertainment, food & beverage and a wide
range of ancillary services.
Our group of companies provide a wide range of services to a fleet of vessels, covering ships of virtually every type.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• Is responsible for the maintenance of the ship’s communication equipment, navigational aids, radio and TV sets and has to organise services as required by international regulations
• Ensures readiness of nautical equipment for operation
• Is responsible for the ship’s external communication
• Maintains a radio watch if required
• Verifies by carrying out a risk assessment that crew members a fit ( fatigue, stress…) to work during their contract period.
• Keeps the ship’s communication equipment, including the GMDSS equipment in good working order and carries out the tests as required
• Is responsible to keep the GMDSS log book and other log books required
• Records all out-going correspondence and telephone calls arranged from the radio room
• Responsible to settle the accounts
• Maintains official computers throughout the vessel
• Is responsible for the TV and radio program in co-operation with the Cruise Director
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the TV studio, cabin TVs and the PA system
• Ensures that all identified risks to the vessel, personnel and the environment and establish appropriate safeguards ( Risk Assessment)