Our client one of Ireland’s largest Structural Steel Companies in
Ireland wish to appoint a Senior Health and Safety Officer to work
on some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects
in Ireland. This is an opportunity for someone with ambition and
drive to join a dynamic and growing company who take pride in the
work that they do.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving and an ability to liaise with site management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
• Promote Health and Safety in all departments to comply with ISO 45001.
• Ensure that all Health and Safety safe operating procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and reviewed, updated and communicated to all employees.
• Ensure the workplace meets its statutory obligation in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and activities taking place on the project.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills are carried out periodically and daily/ weekly inspections are being carried out.
• Update the Project Safety Plan and all subsequent communications.
• Conduct risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments.
• Assess training gaps, source & select suitable training providers and roll out.
• Deliver inductions, Tool Box Talks and other trainings as required.
• Liaise with the company safety team to continuously improve the company safety system.
• Carry out investigations into near misses, accidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
• Generate monthly performance reports on EH&S KPI’s.
• Maintain a watch brief on all EH&S legislation changes and assess implications for the company.
• Carry out safety inspections and audits as necessary.
• Ensure all contractors are managed according to The Client EH&S requirements.
• Ensure all building related fire and emergency requirements are adhered to.
• Assist in the management of the ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 certified systems in conjunction with others
• Prepare RAMS for projects in line with the company and client requirements
• Manage the online tools for monitoring training, contractors and incident reporting.
• Occupational Health and Safety Degree or similar.
• At least 3-5 years EHS officer experience with good knowledge of H&S Legislation, while working in a construction environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good IT skills including Microsoft office