Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual
As a External Production Development Engineer, you will manage outsourcing activities in production. Reporting to the Production Manager your focus will be on optimizing the manufacturing process through innovation in a cost-effective way.
• Defines the working phase sequence of a outsourcing process in
order to achieve the targeted production capacity.
• Coordinating of internal departments – quality, SCM, production, engineering.
• Ensures appropriate production methods, cycle-time, equipment performance, and materials/components in support of production targets.
• Support and follow up supplier performance.
• Identifies and recommends improvement opportunities and implements improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality and cost requirements.
• Provides support to Production during the internal/external process/equipment start-up, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources.
• Evaluates new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.