Тhe first American-style, English language, liberal arts
educational institution in Eastern Europe, the American University
in Bulgaria (AUBG) is a unique cooperative venture established with
the support of the U.S. and Bulgarian governments, the Open Society
Institute, and the University of Maine.
AUBG is a privately funded, not-for-profit institution. Tuition and private donations, as well as grants, finance its educational activities. It opened its doors in September 1991, with a first-year class of 208 students and 16 full-time faculty members.
Since then, the lively town of Blagoevgrad in southwest Bulgaria has become a cradle of academic excellence, creativity and cultural diversity. Nowadays, around 1100 curious, committed and talented students from over 40 countries come together to live and study in a supportive and secure community and immerse themselves in our first-rate American liberal arts education.
World-class faculty members come from top schools in five continents to create an innovative and real-world learning environment that’s unique in Europe. Across arts, humanities, business and technology, AUBG students are free to choose their own areas of study and set their own curriculum.
They develop into inquisitive and compassionate leaders, creative problem solvers and responsible global citizens. Our students have a reputation for success in their careers and in graduate studies, with many going on to the world’s leading schools and employers, and all being valued members of our tight-knit global network of alumni.
AUBG. Explore. Excel. Make an impact. Take the journey now.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the budgeting, control
and day-to day functions of Purchasing, Customs, Mail & Travel
Office, and its employees.
• Prepares, updates, interprets and explains the policies and procedures of the Purchasing, Customs, Travel, and Mail activities to the University community, following the Board resolutions, policies and recommendations
• Advises, mentors and participates in the preparation of technical specifications, including payment conditions, delivery and warranty terms
• Explores the market in search for the best suitable suppliers, manages and coordinates the bidding process
• Assists the negotiations with vendors, facilitates the process of choosing the best offer
• Covers with the assigned university credit card expenses as needed. Prepares monthly accounting report of the credit card expenditures
• Negotiates and controls supply contracts according to AUBG requirements, best practices and as per the university interest
• Oversees the functioning of the Purchasing system
• Develops new sources and performs other related to the procurement activities while following the internal institutional policies and procedures
• Organizes checks and sends to the ordering department for coding and authorization all invoices for payment
• Manages and supervises the import and customs clearance of all import goods related with the university operations
• Manages and supervises travel arrangement for University staff, faculty, visiting professors and administration’ travel on behalf of the University and financed by University funds: hotels booking, travel insurance, airline/bus/train tickets and/or other related services. Purchases medical insurances, facilitates visa issuance and other services related to the official business travel, according to the specific regimes and requests
• Manages and supervises AUBG mail services
• Prepares, manages and monitors the budgets of the office