Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate
your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees
who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of
experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with
ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to
The Senior BI Developer is responsible for evolving data strategy
and vision to continuously enhance business units’ business
intelligence maturity. We seek a professional who will partner with
various functions to optimize data management process. In this role
you will also work as a data specialist/gatekeeper of business
• Contribute to the development of data strategy and vision.
• Implement various business intelligence projects, provide data solutions to business goals, devise business processes to acquire datasets into business intelligence platform and deliver appropriate data products to end users.
• Answer ad-hoc queries on datasets and manage data source intakes as the data expert/ gatekeeper of business intelligence platform.
• Explore continuous improvement to business intelligence platform, by addressing data quality root cause, encouraging end users to self-serve, analyzing business requests, and implementing the changes.
• Coach users to assess and analyze data via various data tools, like Hadoop User Experience, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Cloudera Data Science Workbench, R program, Python or other new data tools.
• Maintain data pipelines and architecture by providing sustainable training of new data source intakes and business logic updated within business intelligence team.
• Encourage visibility and re-usability of data by co-owing meta-data cataloging with users and technical teams.
• You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.