The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 5,000 staff across 50 offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The System Administrator will report to Infrastructure manager on a functional basis, but support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
The System Administrator will be expected to remotely deliver services to customer locations where we are providing Service. This may require out of hours support when required. The role may also require flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service. Apex uses a private cloud computing model with most IT services outsourced to a number of vendors.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain ownership of the infrastructure design, and all supporting design documents;
• Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on infrastructure issues reported from business users;
• Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required;
• Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner (All users will be in remote locations);
• Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner;
• Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests;
• Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
• Ensure that all scheduled backup systems, archiving systems, web filtering software, Salesforce, anti-virus, FTP sites are all operating to specification;
• Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management;
• Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
• Support the business in the governance and management of vendors covering desktop, mobile, networking, and datacentre services with technical input;
• Administer the creation, modification, and deletion of users accounts, emails accounts, and security rights within active directory;
• Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.