Bitmovin , a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned
technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt,
Austria. The company was founded by the co-creators of
international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by
Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in
online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive
streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics.
Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Highland Europe as well
as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix,
former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others.
Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies
worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom,
Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
We believe our employees are the most valuable assets of our company. They drive Bitmovin’s success with their knowledge, experience and passion. Therefore we provide a high degree of freedom to our employees to initiate projects and take on responsibility, while paying a very competitive salary above the average. Working at Bitmovin is international, fast-paced, fun and challenging.
We’re looking for talented, passionate and inspired people who want to change the way media is consumed online. Join us to develop, sell and market the world’s best video infrastructure for the Web.
Primary location: Klagenfurt, Austria
Secondary location: Vienna, Austria
● Develop high-quality, reusable and scalable code that
will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Technicolor,
Red Bull, Hbo, Pro7, RTL, Irdeto, etc. and by millions of users
● Improve, extend and refactor products and services
● Design pragmatic, restful API endpoints that fit in with the rest of our API
● Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve issues
● Drive quality by writing unit, functional and performance tests
● Work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and maintainable
● Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
● Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
● Adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
● Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work