Global Maritime Group Inc. is a comprehensive supplier of shipping
services. Our management programs include technical services, hotel
operations, crewing, entertainment, food & beverage and a wide
range of ancillary services.
Our group of companies provide a wide range of services to a fleet of vessels, covering ships of virtually every type.
• Operates Freon, carbon-dioxide, or ammonia gas-cooling systems to
refrigerate rooms in establishments, such as slaughtering and meat
packing plants and dairies, to air-condition buildings, or to
provide refrigeration for industrial processes: Opens valves on
equipment, such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare
system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary
.The Refrigeration Engineer should be competent in AMOS.
• Observes temperature, pressure and ampere readings for system and equipment and adjusts controls or overrides automatic controls to obtain specified operation of equipment.
• Measures density of brine, using hydrometer, and adds calcium chloride to lower temperature to specified
• Connects hose from supply tank to compressor to replace coolant
• Makes periodic inspection of equipment and system to observe operating condition and need for repair or adjustment.
Adjusts controls to isolate and clear broken lines for repair or shuts down equipment.
May repack pumps and compressors, clean condensers, and replace worn or defective parts using hand and power tools.
• When operating refrigeration or air-conditioning equipment aboard ship, may be known as Reefer Engineer and must have endorsement on Merchant Mariner's document as Refrigerating Engineer.