We are setting up a new DevOps team to work on a Cloud-Native
initiative for phoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner. The team
will use the latest technologies, frameworks, and approaches that
merge development with operations to create the next generation
platform for our customers that will allow them to run scalable
applications in modern and dynamic environments including public,
private, and hybrid clouds.
phoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner, offers state-of-the-art data center solutions including security-focused cloud services, dedicated servers, disaster recovery, and backup services, as well as colocation and network solutions. Our steadily expanding global footprint currently includes services in Phoenix, Ashburn, Chicago, Atlanta, Amsterdam, Belgrade, and Singapore. As a global IaaS provider, we focus on leveraging the newest technologies, providing excellence of service, and continuously developing new solutions to support our clients’ needs.
The Network Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the design, implementation, and support of a new product set for the company. He/she will help contribute to an automation-first operations team (DevOps) to increase our efficiencies, ability to scale and reduce our time to market using automation and infrastructure as code (IaC).
He/she will research and develop new tools and processes for network infrastructure in order to ensure maximum network performance and availability both to internal and external customers. The DevOps Network Engineer will interact with traditional networking teams to ensure the company maintains standards across the infrastructure of various product lines.
- Drive the design and development efforts related to network
architecture, scalability, availability, and performance in
alignment with the product/service road map.
- Strive for continuous improvement to ensure that the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security, and availability.
- Leverage existing and assist in the development of new automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Oversee technical and operational compliance for networking systems to ensure that security measures are followed and to optimize the efficiency of the network.
- Create and maintain documentation for the network configuration, network mapping, processes, service records, profiles maintained, and any maintenance carried out on servers/devices. Documentation must ensure everything is readily traceable.
- Monitor requests and a ticketing system to ensure that network issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues and minimize downtime.