We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences
– an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research
in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and
computer science. We are an international, innovative and
interdisciplinary laboratory with 1700 employees from many nations
operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (DE, headquarters),
Barcelona (ES), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK), Hamburg (DE), Grenoble
(FR) and Rome (IT).
IT Services operates and supports the IT infrastructure and services at EMBL headquarters in Heidelberg and at the laboratory’s sites in Barcelona and Rome. In collaboration with the EMBL-EBI in Cambridge our team is creating and implementing a new web infrastructure for all EMBL websites.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Web Developer to join the Software and Solutions team within EMBL IT Services, who will be responsible for driving and implementing a new enterprise database service, in order to improve web access to the laboratory’s dynamic content.
will include the following responsibilities:
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders across EMBL sites to define the requirements for the enterprise database
- Design and implement a database schema for all dynamic business objects involved
- Implement the backend feeds to this database
- Provide a lightweight REST API to access the data
- Closely interact with frontend web development teams consuming the API
- Support, monitor and manage your product