Free Press for Eastern Europe is a non-profit organisation based in
Prague, Czechia. FPEE supports independent media outlets across the
Currently FPEE is implementing SCIENCE+, a pilot project that aims to build a community of organizations and experts from Europe and beyond committed to increasing the quality of medical reporting and building bridges between journalists, editors, and scientists who work on health-related issues.
Free Press for Eastern Europe is currently looking for Country Coordinators to support the realization of this new endeavour. SCIENCE+ aims to build a community of organizations and experts from Europe and beyond committed to increasing the quality of medical reporting and building bridges between journalists, editors, and scientists who work on health-related issues. Therefore FPEE is currently looking for a Country Coordinator either based in, or, well-acquainted with the media landscape in Bulgaria. Knowledge of other media landscapes in Central Eastern Europe is an advantage.
● Relevant education and experience in one or more of
these fields – journalism, media development, communication, social
entrepreneurship or alike.
● Has tangible track records in successfully supported projects, including reporting.
● Has strong knowledge of and relevant network among media and journalists in Bulgaria.
● Excellent communication skills (security sensitiveness aware, diversity of culture, effective).
● No conflict of interest when it comes to project’s realisation in an inclusive and diverse manner.
● Ability to participate in weekly calls and other planning activities either online or offline.
● Proficient in English and a native speaker of at least one of the target countries’ languages.
● Work collaboratively and communicate adequately with the Free Press for Eastern Europe team