Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With 50 offices worldwide and 5,000 employees upon the close of announced acquisitions, Apex delivers an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory service for private companies.
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The successful applicant for this position should have 5+ years as a software or solution architect. The Application Architecture Lead will be guiding the architecture of the solutions that the team is working on as well as validating solution designs.
The Application Architecture Lead will also need to interpret, use and applying information to support a range of strategic activities, particularly those involved in the integration and transformation of applications across the group.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Guide a team of Software Architects and be proactive in the development of new integration platforms, models, processes, and concepts;
• Help and support the development of Agile best practices framework across the Software Architecture and Software Development teams;
• Understand the architectural directions, frameworks, patterns, and subsystems of our organization;
• Presenting regular progress reports and setting goals;
• Creating data architecture models using best practices;
• Mentoring and coaching our team members in architectural and technical best practices and issues;
• Work with project stakeholders and provide status updates, risks and escalate to have them resolved;
• Identify risks, issues, and assumptions with the application landscape;
• Collaborate with business and IT teams to implement and transition to future state architecture;
• Be a problem solver capable of translating business needs into technology solutions;
• Ensure that the design being applied meets policies, principles, and standards;
• Ensure that the solution will be easy to support by encouraging good design and refactoring to minimize technical debt;
• Working on large projects with multiple applications, interfaces, and stakeholders.