Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop
your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that
makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work
for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of
nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where
you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some
of the most talented people in your field. We combine 153 years of
experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted
partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial
In 2014 we established the headquarters for our European shared business services center in Bulgaria. Our center – Cargill Business Services Sofia, who is rapidly growing, won the award for Shared Service Centre of the Year for both 2017 and 2018.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Accountant Analyst will provide accounting services for selected processes and countries, which include accounting for administrative expenses, assist in payment processing, coordinating month-end general ledger close, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, and providing profit and loss analysis. In this role, you will be part of a cultural shift in how the company operates, gets work done and drives efficiency.
• Complete activities within compliance of Quality Management System (QMS), Business Continuity Planning, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and organizational guidelines, policies and requirements.
• Participate in process improvement projects, lead cross trainings of more junior associates and new team members and cross train with other team members to provide backup for critical tasks.
• Drive financial reporting operational and improvement activities.
• Take initiatives and provide support for multiple roles in the area of Record to Report.
• Act as primary point of contact for selected partners located in countries and selected processes for which you are the primary accountant and ensure all internal controls are in place and monitored and financial processes are performed timely and accurately.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.