The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 5,000
staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright,
articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge
and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing the first and second line technical support for all departmental IT applications and services across sites, including end user computing.
To manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services & support to clients (internal and external) and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements. The Service Desk manager will be accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the Apex’s Service Desk function, including people, process. The role will report to the IT Service Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Own and drive the adoption and improvement of the ITIL processes through the Service Desk
• Responsible for measuring performance of the service desk and driving continual improvement processes
• Lead the Service Desk Agent team. Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2) including career development.
• Responsible for ensuring issues are effectively escalated to the Escalation teams as required in accordance with agreed Service Levels and ensuring communication with the end-user is maintained throughout the lifecycle of an IT ticket.
• Manage the Change Management process.
• Provide regular performance reports on the IT Service Desk.
• Responsible for managing team rotas and ensuring that the Service Desk function operates throughout hours agreed with the business and is staffed accordingly.
• Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT.
• Oversee the daily performance of IT service requests, incidents and problems.
• Act as escalation point for all IT service desk issues.
• Management of all vendors/suppliers and third parties
• Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
• Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs, including vendor SLA performance, quality and billing/costs
• Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
• Maintain and improve all Service desk processes and documentation including Service catalogue, SOP’s and work instructions.
• Review all work of the service Desk agents, and perform quality checks on service desk agents adherence to processes
• Take on the role of product owner of the Apex IT service desk tool, responsible for the administration and configuration of all services on the portal
• Provide support during all internal and external audits of IT.
• Other duties in support of the Service Desk, as assigned by the Service Manager.