Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global
financial services provider. With 50 offices worldwide and 5,000
employees upon the close of announced acquisitions, Apex delivers
an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets,
private clients and family offices. The Group has continually
improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source
solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the
industry including fund services, digital onboarding and bank
accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business
services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and
Advisory service for private companies.
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The Release Manager is responsible for planning and controlling the movement of Releases to test and live environments. The primary objective is to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
You will have demonstrable experience of formal change management utilising ITIL change and release management processes and through using recognised industry standard formal change processes in a large organisation which is heavily reliant on a complex and change sensitive, highly critical Technology Platform.
As IT releases can regularly be planned out of normal hours, the role will require some out of hours coverage to facilitate releases.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Own and Lead the end to end IT release process in Apex;
• Establish Release Management procedures, processes, metrics, and standards;
• Ensure Release Management processes are developed further, continuously monitored and improved over time to ensure optimal efficiency;
• Liaise with all stakeholders (QA, Development, Operations, Data, Product, and Project Managers) to manage any issues, requests and conflicts;
• Execute, control and manage a schedule of planned releases to pre-production and production environments;
• Work with QA, Development and Operations to ensure that development projects adhere to the release process and change procedure guidelines;
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio;
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks;
• Maintain documentation related to the process and procedures on build and release, various notification lists and dependencies;
• Support in Quality and audit reviews relating to releases and changes.