We're looking for a Java Developer with strong programming and
analytical skills to join our smart and nice team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results, and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly, and we like to
keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you
will do most of the time:
• Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
• Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
• Take active part in all project stages – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support
• Develop our own products
• Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
• 4 years commercial software experience
• An excellent understanding of Java with aptitude to pick up Scala (bonus if you have experience here already)
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Good communication skills - verbal and written
• Experience handling large data sets, ideally with Apache Spark
• Basic knowledge of cloud based services (Amazon Web Services a plus)
• Knowledge of relational data storage and one or more non-relational data stores - key/value, columnar, document (Redshift, Cassandra a plus)
• Working with Linux on the server-side, profiling, debugging JVM based apps.
What will give you an edge:
• Advanced knowledge and experience of AWS components (EC2/ECS, S3, RDS, EMR)
• Experience with developing batch/streaming data processing pipelines
• Building RESTful API’s for applications to consume
• Integration experience with third party API’s
• Understanding of Big O notation and performance analysis
• Knowledge of Python scripting, automation with Salt/Ansible a plus
• Performance analysis of JVM technology
• PostgreSQL (or MySQL) with advanced techniques such as partitioning and indexing
What we offer:
• Attractive remuneration package and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
• Performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
• Access to technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications
• Flexible working hours and no overtime
• Work-from-home when required
• Additional health insurance
• Co-subsidized Multi Sport cards
• Refreshments and fruits at our offices
• Annual team building that gathers together everyone from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje’s offices
• Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.