Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With 50 offices worldwide and 5,000 employees upon the close of announced acquisitions, Apex delivers an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory service for private companies.
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The role of the Project Manager is to manage and lead IT projects and teams while ensuring that the scope, plan, and execution are delivered to meet the business requirements. The person must demonstrate knowledge of project management methodologies, PPM tools, along with the ability to cooperate and lead broad range of stakeholders from both the IT and Business side. The role will report into a Portfolio Lead.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Project Management and Communication
• Responsible for managing projects from initiation to closure (scoping, requirements definition, resource and financial planning, quality management, etc.).
• Managing and governing delivery across varied business and technology change programs.
• Monitor the progress of project components to ensure the overall goals, schedules, budget, and benefits will be achieved.
• Ensure that projects are organized and executed in a consistent manner.
• Ensuring efficient communication with all relevant business and IT stakeholders.
• Leading project meetings and providing updates to different management groups.
• Working closely with the PMO team to ensure that the project documentation is consistent with the existing standards and internal processes and procedures.
• Directing work/projects, controlling cost/schedule elements, management of resources, communications management, reporting, and change management.
• Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.
Project Controls and Reporting
• Initiating, planning, executing, and closing all project deliverables as committed.
• Establish, maintain and explain the program methodology, procedures, and policies, consistently within the Enterprise PMO rules and guidelines.
• Drive project planning and control from an operational point of view (activity, milestones and resource planning), with a special focus on core activities and global plan consolidation.
• Apply relevant project standards to build project management frameworks for all assigned projects.
• Identifying and assessing all risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies and the appropriate mitigating actions throughout the project life cycle.
• Creating and maintaining all required project documentation (PID, project plan, RAID log, etc.).
• Produce reports and analyses in support of the RAID management.
• Responsible for financial planning and controls related to assigned projects.
• Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution
• Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation
• Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
• Ensure Stage Gates are in place
• Ensure all Project Level dependencies are mapped and managed and achieved
Project Vendor Management
• Lead the teams in developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
• Support the vendor selection and management process (scope, plan, and milestone definition, operational issues, deliverable & milestone approval, quality control, etc.).
• Manage vendor administration (SOW activation, PCRs authorization, invoice approval).
• Managing external vendors to ensure on time and to budget delivery.