The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 5,000
staff across 50 offices globally. We look to recruit bright,
articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge
and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
Apex has a requirement for a Resource Manager with extensive knowledge of resource allocation and capacity planning. The Resource Manager will be responsible to accurately assess resource needs and provide sufficient capacity to realize projects' goals.
The Resource Manager will report to the Head of PMO.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Monitoring employee utilization, workload, and overtime hours;
• Assigning people to projects based on their skills, previous experience, availability, or project budget;
• Identifying resource bottlenecks and potential conflicts at an early stage;
• Providing project managers with ongoing resource management and related support;
• Mitigating resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff;
• Collaborating on resource management with internal departments;
• Keeping track of resource information – completing and maintain skill matrix;
• Documenting processes and maintaining records;
• Compounding “what-if” scenarios to solve resource over-allocation issues and support IT management with the decision process.