• Big data + mobile = the only end-to-end travel app on market.
• Startup + sustainability = 10 years of successful growth, 50+ people, 4 global locations.
• Curiosity + technology = one awesome software engineer. The more you ask, the more you will learn.
What our developers do:
Write beautiful Scala code: well designed, testable, efficient and maintainable. They also do one or more of the following:
• Mobile Apps
- Leverage RxJava and ReactiveSwift to write immutable and typesafe code.
- Collaborate directly with the product team to prototype and test experimental features.
• Backend Microservices
- Work with distributed systems and write RESTful Scala-based microservices using Finagle
- Interface with large, distributed no-SQL databases.
• Data Processing and Analysis
- Work with Apache Spark (Python and Scala) to analyse trillions of data points.
- Work on pipelines ingesting billions of data points daily with Kafka and Spark Streaming.
- Build novel, often very large databases to support new app features.
• Monitoring and Operations
- Work on service monitoring and orchestration using Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Help manage company own data centers using Ansible.
Do you want to work (or learn to work) with Scala and also to do one or more of the above? Then we can have a talk :)
• A solid and varied background in Software Engineering. That's it. Seriously. As long as you have good programming foundations, algorithmic thinking, good knowledge of data structures and natural curiosity to learn new things, they will teach you the rest. And they can offer you a challenge, no matter if you are junior or senior.
• Of course, there are advantages - they will make your transition to their stack smoother:
- Scala/Java knowledge (but as long as you're willing to write in Scala, languages like Python, C++, Swift, etc. will also do).
- Experience in integration with Travel Industry APIs, especially Booking Engines and Airline-related systems.
- Building distributed systems.
- Working with Mesos, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, HBase and OpenTSDB.
- Shipping in a Linux environment, familiarity with server administration and tools.
• Employee stock options.
• Additional healthcare package.
• Multisport card.
• Free parking/transportation vouchers.
• Flexible work hours and occasional work-from-home days.
• Hell of a fresh team with laid-back and friendly atmosphere (we have been there and this is sooo very true).
• Excellent career development prospects - a lot of room for the team in Bulgaria to grow and expand.
If you find our proposal interesting and want to receive more information, please, send your CV in English by applying online!
We thank all interested applicants, but we will only contact a short list of them! All applications are confidential.
JobTiger is a Bulgarian online job board and licensed recruiting company (License No.2547, 08.06.2018) .