Our Client, is a world leader in development and manufacturer of
medical devices with an ever growing market share. The company uses
cutting edge technologies in development and production of devices
for physical medicine, cardiology and non-invasive aesthetic
medicine. The R&D center in Sofia is looking for an experienced
Firmware Development Lead - Medical Devices.
The products are based on common development platforms developed by the company’s base unit teams. The team develops medical devices utilizing STMicroelectronics microcontroller units (STM32F4 and STM32L4 product lines).
• Dispatch firmware/software development in a company that develops medical devices from basic ideas through production and maintenance to their end of life;
• Negotiate with product owners on the ideal solution;
• Consult the project development strategy with the remote base unit team;
• Study the medical device software development processes. The base unit team members will help you get in;
• Drive a team of embedded firmware developers that works together with other teams (hardware engineers, testers, production) on medical device embedded software development;
• Cooperate on writing down the product requirements together with your team, manage and document the software development lifecycle of developed products;
• Give ideas for changes, improvements or abandonment of ineffective practices and habits in the workplace.
• Degree in embedded software development or biomedical engineering, personally oriented to software development or any similar degree;
• Developed technical and analytical thinking related to electronics;
• Fluent English;
• Self-managed work style and sense of responsibility;
• Team and task management skills;
• Flexible work attitude, good communication skills and an excellent team player;
• Willingness to become an expert on product standards and all relevant standards.
Technologies used by the company:
• The company uses a private software development platform, designed and developed to address all the needs of the medical devices, yet simple, without utilizing RTOS. The task of your team will be to use that platform including its best development practices in all the projects. The platform spans through the development phase, market registrations and certifications, production and maintenance;
• The company prepares supportive tools for development in C#, rarely Python or Qt;
• Git versioning system mastered by private GitLab servers. Continuous integration is served by TeamCity;
• For development, the company uses codeBeamer Application Lifecycle Management software;
• The source code quality is proved by Polyspace BugFinder tools. Logic analyzers e.g. by DSLogic, and various oscilloscopes as working measuring instruments;
• Automated tests may run directly on the target hardware. The test results are pushed automatically back to TeamCity and to codeBeamer when required.
The company offers:
• Direct participation in the development of new technologies for medicine while using the latest engineering technologies;
• Complex development work experience in small teams – the company develops its projects completely in-house - from the first idea through the proof-of-concept prototype and device development up to industrialization, mass production, sales and after sales service;
• Your decisions are directly affecting the product;
• Professional growth in an ever expanding and stable international technological company;
• Space for creativity limited by minimum number of processes;
• An extensive range of employee benefits, flexible work time;
• Flat management structure which is ready to discuss your needs and make decisions in short time;
• Excellent office location in the center of Sofia.
If you want to be part of this unique atmosphere, please send your CV. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Телефон: 02/954 99 80