FXCM Support EAD is a subsidiary of FXCM Group. The FXCM group of companies (collectively, the "FXCM Group") is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our mission is to inspire global traders with access to the world's largest and most liquid market. By offering the most innovative trading tools, hiring the best trading educators, and meeting strict financial standards to protect trader funds, we strive for the best online trading experience in the market.
We are seeking a dedicated and collaborative Web Application
Developer to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to design, develop, and maintain web sites and applications used by external and internal clients. The ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of Java, J2EE technologies, and Java frameworks and standards. Additional areas of focus include devops duties for supporting, deploying, and administrating internal and externally developed web applications. General ability to work with *nix environments is required.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced, 24x7x5 environment, on a team that builds and supports a majority of the company's web entities. There are major project plans and business endeavors underway and we expect you to live technology and love learning and figuring out creative ways to solve problems.
Day to day duties include:
• Working on development projects on their own as well as in a small team
• Gather requirements from other departments and interpret business goals in combination with best practices and development life cycle
• Problem solve, debug, and troubleshoot production issues
• Automating deployments of various internally develop applications
• Administering web application