Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With 50 offices worldwide and 5,000 employees upon the close of announced acquisitions, Apex delivers an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory service for private companies.
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The Project Delivery lead should have extensive experience managing teams of project managers in the delivery of projects to include direct line management responsibilities. This role will work closely with the PMO department to ensure successful delivery of their teams’ projects in accordance with PMO processes and controls.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Day to day management of a team of project managers – recruitment, line management, team morale, career progression & training of a team of PMs;
• Accountable for PM teams ongoing deliverables – providing technical expertise - ensuring project documentation is in place, reviewing quality of project plans and project data, ensuring milestone dates are met, ensuring changes are captured, risks & issues are being logged, etc.;
• Measuring teams performance – work with PMO to provide metrics on the teams delivery performance across the projects;
• Responsible for budgets – managing people cost and project cost ensuring costs are in line with agreed budgets.;
• Resource management - work with Apex’s resource manager re allocation and utilisation of project team across projects;
• Work with IT teams – IT Ops, Dev, BA, QA, etc. to understand current issues around project planning/delivery and put plan in place to address same;
• Day to day management of the overall programme and work stream plans;
• Identify, manage and escalate risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies;
• Identify, manage and escalate programme and work stream variance to maintain baseline;
• Complete impact analysis and “What if “scenario planning as required;
• Setup plan review/ status meetings with internal teams and 3rd parties;
• Organises and present status reviews to management team;
• Produce summary level reports for senior management presentation;
• Liaise with management from a resourcing perspective to ensure resourcing plans aligned;
• Ensure planning documentation maintained and of adequate quality;
• Ensure planning quality gates in place and achieved;
• Ensure efficient communication with all stakeholders.