VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has
the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We
look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make
technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and
security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation
for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are
transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of
what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion,
integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
As you join VMware, you will help grow a company that makes meaningful and significant technology solutions and is committed to being a "force for good" in technology. Our mission is to become the trusted foundation for accelerating innovation in an unpredictable world. VMware software is essential for making the applications and devices your family and friends use every day a reality. Which means your work is essential for transforming everywhere.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
Our engineering talents need guidance and coaching on their career path journey, helping them deliver best in class results and quality by aligning what they are passioned about, their skills and product roadmap.
Success in the role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
• You understand and clearly communicate your team’s charter to the team and to stakeholders, and each team member understands their role and responsibilities within that charter.
• You establish a clear pattern of planning, executing and delivering against your team’s areas, in collaboration with product and other engineering teams.
• You create career plans with each team member that captures where they are, where they want to go, and the tangible steps that will help them address any gaps in their current skills and experience.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
• You should provide technical leadership and direction for our engineers
• You should establish, improve and maintain high quality standards by integrating automated test into the CI/CD pipelines
• You should build components following API first approach, proper versioning and backward compatibility in mind
• You should manage frequent deployments on Production
• You will be responsible for driving activities such as spring planning, retrospectives, stakeholder demos, estimations
• As a people manager you will be responsible for performance reviews, bonus planning and hiring
• You should be doing regular 1:1 with you direct reports, discussing short and long term goal and setting them up for success