VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has
the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We
look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make
technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and
security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation
for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are
transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of
what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion,
integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You share a passion for crafting software that has a significant impact for the world and future. You love solving problems and learning new things and are looking for a company that helps enable those ideas. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
We are looking for bright and open-minded engineers to become our colleagues. We are fun and yet responsible, we cherish the "can do" spirit, but we also learn from our mistakes and last but not least, we have the "you build it, you own it" mindset, but we do that as a team.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Within your first 6 months:
• Within 1 month of employment, become familiar with the main areas of the product.
• Within 3 months, become competent in UI Console as well as the technologies and tools we use for building slick and performant web user interfaces.
• Within 3-6 months, contribute to key UI platform features such as UI accessibility, telemetry and higher value UIs like dashboarding, reporting and data visualization.
After 6 months:
• Lead initiatives to design, build, deliver and maintain major frontend product and UI platform features in the highest quality standards, working with the latest frameworks and technologies.
• You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and the code you write to ensure continued advancement of your technical skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
• You will be expected to work with multiple geo-distributed backend teams, and all your deliverables must align with the group’s development and deployment standards.
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
• Have passion for building modern and performant user interfaces, with an eye for UX and usability.
• Work closely with our UI/UX experts, designers, and product managers to create visionary cybersecurity products.
• Investigate and constantly improve scalability, performance, and reliability of the UI platform
• Be an integral part of scaling our offering to hundreds and thousands of customers, now as part of VMware.
• Contribute to product direction and design discussions.
• Belong to a group of world class engineers, working together to build a better product - solving real issues to our customers, and doing that at the best quality possible.