Apex Group Ltd., established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With 50 offices worldwide and 5,000 employees upon the close of announced acquisitions, Apex delivers an extensive range of services to asset managers, capital markets, private clients and family offices. The Group has continually improved and evolved its capabilities to offer a single-source solution through establishing the broadest range of services in the industry including fund services, digital onboarding and bank accounts, depositary, custody and super ManCo services, business services including HR and Payroll and a pioneering ESG Ratings and Advisory service for private companies.
We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
Senior System Administrator will play a vital role in IT Operations. He/she should act as a “trusted advisor” and possess subject matter expertise in his/her domain to collaborate and facilitate with the Technical Design Team in designing, planning, implementing state of art IT solutions.
Apex uses a private cloud computing model with most IT services outsourced to several vendors. The Senior System Administrator will report to Infrastructure manager on a functional basis but support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Build an excellent awareness of the Apex business requirements and in-depth knowledge of our Office 365, and Azure AD environments, adjacent technologies, and supporting processes;
• Provide deep-level troubleshooting in conjunction with vendor and third-party support within the applicable technology platforms;
• Work with the Technical Design team, vendors, and project managers to implement solutions as per the agreed HLD and LLD designs and transition them into BAU;
• Responsible for the planning and implementation of small to medium projects and assist with migration projects arising from mergers and acquisitions;
• Responsible for ensuring that delivery and support teams are aware for any new service being introduced that may require training and education of the respective teams;
• Act as the interface between the IT Workplace L2 team and Technical Design team to ensure that the operations team has detailed knowledge of the infrastructure and implemented services;
• Planning and engineering of normal, standard, or emergency changes within the applicable technology platform that you are responsible for;
• Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required;
• Suggest and develop different automation solutions in the environment;
• Ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise, and persuasive communication for multiple audiences, including effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively;
• Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner;
• Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests;
• Assist with testing system releases, patches, and disaster recovery;
• Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management;
• Support the business in the governance and management of vendors covering IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS with technical input;
• Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.