MYTILINEOS, a leading industrial company with a strong international presence in four Business Units, Metallurgy, Sustainable Engineering Solutions, Power & Gas, and International Renewables & Storage Development is currently seeking to hire a Civil Engineer for East Europe based in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria for the International Renewables & Storage Development Business Unit (RSD).
Position Name: Civil Engineer
Department: Solar Power Plant Construction
Purpose of Position
The Civil Engineer is responsible for monitoring, supervising and reporting construction activities and compliance to the project design criteria.
Position in Company Operational Structure
Reports to: Construction Manager
Liaises with: Other Project Engineers, HSE Manager, QA Engineers
Subordinate Positions: Subcontractors
Substituted by: Other Project Engineers
Detailed description of duties
1. Studies and understands each project’s design provided by the engineering headquarters.
Crosschecks and finds possible errors and reports to the Construction Manager.
Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications.
2. Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
Reports verbally on a daily basis to the Construction Manager regarding the construction progress and the materials received.
3. Assess potential risks, materials, and costs
Monitors the stock of construction materials
Manage purchase equipment/materials
4. Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
Supervises and supports subcontractor activities and compliance to the design.
5. Communicates design changes and updates to the subcontractors and ensures compliance.
6. Monitors and ensures subcontractors quality controls in place.
7. Implements the project quality control program.
8. Overviews each subcontractor’s installation work quality and the precision to the design. Reports to the Construction Manager with evidence every time there is a quality breach.
9. Evaluates construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans according to experience.
10. Investigates damages, accidents or delays at the site, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
11. Supports the implementation of corporate H&S procedures.