The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 5,000
staff across 50 offices globally. We look to recruit bright,
articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge
and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
Due to growth in the business Apex Group has a new position of IT Release Manager and we are seeking candidates with strong experience working within the ITIL Framework and a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the delivery of IT Services via an Outsourcing Partner or Partners.
You will have demonstrable experience of formal Change Management
utilising ITIL change and Release Management processes and through
using recognised industry standard formal change processes in a
large organisation which is heavily reliant on a complex and change
sensitive, highly critical Technology Platform.
As IT releases can regularly be planned out of normal hours, the role will require out of hours coverage to facilitate releases.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the end to end IT Release Management process;
• Establish Release Management procedures, processes, metrics and standards;
• Ensure Release Management processes are developed further, continuously monitored and improved over time to ensure optimal efficiency;
• Develop and maintain documentation related to the process and procedures on build and release, various notification lists and dependencies;
• Liaise with all stakeholders (QA, Development, Operations, Data, Product, and Project Managers) to manage any issues, requests and conflicts;
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks;
• Execute, control and manage a schedule of planned releases to pre-production and production environments;
• Work with QA, Development and Operations to ensure that development projects adhere to the release process and change procedure guidelines;
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio;