Bulgarian Parents Association
Association “Roditeli” (Parents) is registered June 19th, 2001 as a nonprofit legal entity of public interest.
Managing body – 5 member Managing Board . The association is represented by the Chairmen of the board. Current Chairmen – Mrs. Eva Borissova M.D.
Association “Roditeli” is:
•Member of ÅÐÀ – European Parents Association
• National coordinator and member of the board of the National Network for Children – a network of non-governmental organizations, working in the field of child protection.
Support parents to be the best parents they could be, support children to become the best adults they could be.
Main Goals (as per Association statute)
Recognition of parenthood as a basic value in the society and family as the best environment for every child’s successful development.
- promotion of social and legal aspects of family support and child protection.
- Strengthening of community values through parents and sharing of values between parents and children.
- Providing general and special support to parents in terms of education, health and social integration of their children.
- Support to parents in crises willing to reintegrate the society, to restore their parent’s rights.
- Support of single parents
- Promotion of the active participation of parents in education of their children including kindergartens and schools.
- Promotion of the concept of community control over child raising institutions.
Protection of the Children’s rights as stipulated by the UN Convention through:
- providing support to children against violation of their rights
- promoting healthy lifestyle education and children’s healthcare as a priority in the healthcare system, including protection of children’s rights as patients
- providing support to children with special talents
- encouragement of children mass sport and art studies
- recognition of family values between children
- developing positive attitude towards charity as a manifestation of the sense of solidarity in the society
- prevention of any violence manifestation against children
- prevention of children exposure to pornography, gambling, drug, alcohol addiction and any form of antisocial behavior
- support to socially defavorised children in view of their successful integration in the society.