IBM is the largest information technological company in the word. IBM’s American multinational technology and consulting services main office is headquartered in Armonk, New York, USA. The company manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
IBM celebrated its 100 year anniversary on June 16th 2011. The company reexamined the history of technological innovation and predicted where the world will be in the next 100 years. IBM used this milestone to engage with business leaders, academia, clients and local communities in the 170 countries the company does business.
In Bulgaria IBM was founded in 1937. Mr. Thomas Watson Sr. personally inaugurated the representative office in Bulgaria. At present the company is represented by Mr. Kalin Dimtchev who is the Country Sales Leader of IBM Bulgaria.
IBM Bulgaria has more than 65 years as a leader in bringing innovation to the local business. IBM’s advanced technology and know-how support the most important economic processes and industries in the country.
Using the resources of all its departments and key business partners, IBM offers a wide range of services, solutions and technologies that enable both small and large companies to benefit most from new business opportunities.
• IBM Hardware (IBM STG): IBM offers a wide portfolio of servers and systems for data storage like Mainframe, POWER systems, Storage, PureSystems, System x, etc.
• IBM Software (IBM SWG): IBM software products and solutions help business to be more agile and innovative while at the same time it can take advantage of current resources and know-how. Some SWG products are Information Management, Business Analytics and Optimization, WebSphere, etc.
• IBM Global Business Services (IBM GBS): This IBM consultancy team assists organizations to manage the ever changing market environment and the increasing complexity of the business realm. GBS has five directions like Strategies and Transformation, Business Analysis and Optimization, Innovation Applications and Systems, Organizational Applications and Systems, Management of Applications and Systems.
• The Integrated Technology Services (ITS) department has wide range of experts covering: Services for business stability and sustainability, Services for end customers, Integrated communication services, Internet Security Systems, Services for IT strategy and architecture, Middleware services, Outsourcing services, etc.
In 2006 IBM opened its Procurement center and a year later Sofia also joined the big family of IBM locations with Global Delivery Centers.
Out of Sofia IBM provides a wide spectrum of services.
Our local organization provides:
• IT Infrastructure Services - IBM provides fully managed IT services that are based on industries insights and customer priorities (Cloud Services, Data center outsourcing, managed storage, security, mobility and workplace services, etc.)
• Technical Support Services for IBM products - Hardware and software technical support and maintenance (IT maintenance, IT support solutions, Managed IT support, Software support services, etc.)
• Consulting Services - Business Analytics and Optimization, Strategy and transformation, Application management, etc.
• Software Solutions - Information Management, Rational, Lotus, Tivoli, Websphere, etc.
• Server Services - Build, optimize and manage a flexible server infrastructure with IBM server services
Our Procurement Center provides the following services:
• Procurement Contact Center
• Operations buyer
• Technical support for the different IBM procurement systems
• Client Services Procurement
• Procurement Sourcing - Negotiations with IBM Suppliers, Contracts handling & Pricing
Our Global Delivery Center provides Business Transformation and Outsourcing services:
• Finance & Administration - we support the full range of services that have to do with Business Process Transformation and Outsourcing and our client base is spread all over Europe - France, Germany, UK, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, etc.